Screen Recording & Download prevention

How secure is your platform for preventing illegal downloads of my videos?

Our download prevention system is designed to thwart approximately 99% of unauthorized downloads. For the remaining 1% who might employ sophisticated techniques to circumvent our measures, we have additional safeguards in place to counteract their efforts.

It's important to understand that platforms lacking video encryption and robust download prevention mechanisms essentially offer the same level of security as publicly accessible platforms like YouTube. Without these protections, anyone, regardless of their technical skills, can easily download your videos.

If you're seeking 100% assurance against unauthorized downloads, unfortunately, no platform can provide an absolute guarantee. In our extensive experience, we've yet to encounter a platform capable of preventing all instances of video theft, even by a mere 1% of users. However, if you come across such a platform, we're more than willing to take up the challenge and attempt to download the videos for you.

In light of this reality, you have two options: utilize our platform to significantly reduce the risk of illegal downloads, thereby maximizing the security of your videos most of the time, or reconsider the viability of conducting online video business altogether, as attaining absolute protection remains unfeasible across any platform.

Remember, platforms which offer comparatively lower levels of security, essentially expose your videos to the public domain. Therefore, it's imperative to safeguard your content to the fullest extent possible.

Exclusive content protection: How to prevent screen recording of online videos?

Based on our experience, most video piracy attempts are geared towards the swift theft and dissemination of videos. Therefore, if perpetrators are unable to download the videos, the content remains shielded from theft in the majority of cases. Screen recording is a slow and tedious process that requires capturing one video at a time. As a result, screen recording is not a popular option for stealing videos as it required hundreds or even thousands of hours to record every video.

The screen recording can be prevented to some extent using DRM protection tools e.g. Google Widevine, however the DRM protection may work only in a few browsers and people can still use browsers like Firefox and some screen recording tools to record those videos. Also, these DRM technologies are not an affordable option as you have to pay for every video that you encrypt using a DRM.

Even if there was a chance that screen recording was 100% protected (which is currently not the standard in industry) and you also pay a high price for that. The video stealers can simply take an external camera or a mobile phone to re-record the videos.

So, you can either pay a high price for each video to get DRM protection (which again does not promise a 100% security against recording).

Alternatively, implementing security measures such as video player encryption, watermarking, domain whitelisting, IP restrictions, geo-based access and IP-watermarks can still be effective in deterring unauthorized access to video content. These measures can make it very difficult for attackers to capture or access the video content, and may discourage them from attempting to do so.

Last updated